Many things have changed in the last two-thousand years. The good news of Jesus Christ isn’t one of them. The NKJV Ancient-Modern Bible features all-new book introductions, articles, and commentary from voices both ancient and modern to help you experience the Word of God as never before. Read the Bible alongside Augustine, Luther, Graham, and others—and discover the rich wisdom of ages past and present, which is the rightful inheritance of every follower of Christ. The NKJV Ancient-Modern Bible is an opportunity for readers to experience the Word of God with fresh eyes, as members of the global and historical community of faith. This is a Bible two thousand years in the making.
The NKJV Ancient-Modern Bible feels like a compact Bible but is full of great features. Its name comes from its content, written by classic Christian figures and contemporary thinkers as well.
Some of the features are:
- Full-color design that uniquely blends cutting edge modern typography and layout with traditional, sacred elements
- Bible commentary from church thinkers past and present, from Huss to Keller, from Chrysostom to Spurgeon, from Aquinas to Wright
- Biographies of church leaders & thinkers
- Doctrine and history articles on significant councils, creeds, and controversies
- Sacred art from throughout church history
- Easy-to-read 8.5-point font
I got the hardcover version that comes with a white cover with the logo printed on it with a golden gift with the same printing. The only thing I didn’t like was the binding which feels loosy when you hold the Bible with both hands. Since I’ll use this as a Study Bible this is not a problem for me, but maybe you want to the other version available just in case.
The NKJV Ancient-Modern Bible is a great gift or tool to those looking for a contrasting example of Christian wisdom through the ages. If you are looking for a Study Bible with lots of commentaries and extras you should keep looking.
I received this book from Booklook Bloggers in exchange for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.